Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company that is growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.” –Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking an enthusiastic and inquisitive mind to conduct exciting research in-house and in collaboration with our scientific partners in immunooncology and innate immunity.
- The successful candidate must be independent, self-motivated and interested to learn new technologies.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience, and skills to work in a startup culture, continuing Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations. An attractive base salary is provided in this key position.
- Active interest in inter-disciplinary research work
- Design and perform experiments in the development of Laminar Wash and accessories which automate washing of suspension cells by an innovative centrifuge-less method in preparing cells for flow cytometry analysis
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the Curiox technology and have the ability to discuss related applications
- Primarily work in the biological lab space of Curiox located in Buona Vista area
- Maintain the highest level of integrity with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a laboratory environment preferred
- Experience with flow cytometry techniques desired, but not required
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and attention to details.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic with a desire to learn new techniques and approaches, and be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping, as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, including flexibility with schedule and function
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with laboratory safety protocols including chemical, biological and fire safety related to operations of a research laboratory.
- Bachelors of Science in the field of biology and/or life sciences required
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected]. Please address your email “SG23” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit our website at www.curiox.com