Automation Engineer – Boston Based
Curiox is seeking an Automation Engineer, based in the Boston area to support and develop
our Auto1000 Laminar Wash system to transfer manual sample preparation assays to an
automated platform. Custom scripting, validation, and troubleshooting using Hamilton’s
VENUS software will be a key component of this role. Additionally, some field work to
support installations and modifications of our Auto1000 customers will be required. Another
focus will be the maintenance and service on our Auto1000 system in our Woburn office.
Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience and skills to work
in a start-up culture and will lead Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations.
- Analyzes and creates complex scripts/methods in support of high throughput
automated sample preparation on a Hamilton Nimbus Platform.
- Evaluates processes and develops strategies for maximum efficiency and quality.
- Leads validation projects, providing technical oversight and review of results; conducts
validation experiments when resource/scheduling considerations require.
- Independently develops and validates scripts/methods. Understands and conforms to
methods, and protocols applicable to assigned tasks. Designs and executes
experiments with minimal supervision.
- Maintains existing liquid handling workstations through preventative maintenance.
- Assists in implementing new scripts/methods through developmental testing.
- Leads preparation and implementation of SOPs, quality systems and new equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience with Hamilton Robotics hardware and software that provides the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years).
- Proven skills in complex automated platform software use and programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge with liquid handling equipment and lab automation such as
Hamilton, TECAN, Gyros or similar
- Preferably with knowledge of general biology, chemistry, separation science,
immunochemistry, molecular genomics, biomarker, and/or vaccine science related
concepts and/or technologies (as applicable)
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment, including flexibility with
schedule and function
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have valid Drivers License and Passport.
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Expected travel up to approximately 20%.
- Willing to occasionally work outside of typical work hours to render support to users in
different time zones
- May require domestic and international travelling to render installation or technical
support to internal users or customers
Please send your resumes or inquiries by email to [email protected] Only qualified
candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit our website at www.curiox.com