Director of Business Development – USA Remote
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
Curiox is seeking an experienced business professional to lead our business development efforts in expanding the application of its technologies and products in the flow cytometry, single cell omics and cell manufacturing space. The holder of this position will be a member of the Curiox senior management team, responsible for company strategy and performance. Candidates are encouraged to apply who have extensive experience in the flow cytometry, single cell analysis, and/or cell manufacturing space and are motivated to work in a startup culture, leading Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations.
- Identify important and attractive markets for Curiox’s Laminar Wash and relevant products.
- Develop, execute, and lead strategies to penetrate markets through key partners and opinion leaders.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with partners in a variety of markets including cell therapy, immuno-oncology, diagnostics, and other commercial end markets.
- Maintain a high-level of technical and market expertise to educate the market on the proper utilization and acceptance of Laminar Wash™ products.
- Deliver technical presentations to potential partners and customers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology community.
- Facilitate scientific discussions.
- Acquire market intelligence and feedback; provide the information to Curiox’s management and internal team.
- Assist the marketing team by actively gathering focused content from key partners and customers for use in applications notes, web content and new applications.
- Assist the senior management and Board of Directors in building strategic options for the company.
- Develop strategies and deal structures for in-licensing, out-licensing and OEM supply of products ranging from instruments to consumables to software.
- Collaborate with partners in other functions including: legal, product management, R&D, manufacturing, and finance.
- Experience in sales or contract negotiation, alliance management and/or cross-functional team leadership experience-required.
- Experience in developing new markets-required.
- Extensive experience in flow cytometry instrumentation and assays-highly preferred.
- Experience in clinical cell therapy and immune-oncology markets-highly preferred.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Familiarity with intellectual property and business practices.
- Solid professional relationships within biotechnology and pharmaceuticals community.
- Energetic, self-starter who is entrepreneurial and resourceful.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, including flexibility with schedule and function.
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to travel up to 30 % of the time.
- Minimum 5 years of sales or marketing experiences-strongly preferred.
- Minimum BS or MS in life science. A Ph.D. in life science-preferred.
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected] Please address your email “US39” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.