Marketing Director – Boston, MA, US-preferred
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking an experienced Marketing Director, preferably based in the Boston area, but remote could be an option. The Marketing Director will lead and coordinate our marketing team to build world-class marketing programs.
- The Marketing Director leads a team responsible for all of Curiox’s marketing campaigns and strategies which grow sales and build brand awareness. This position will develop and communicate marketing plans and be responsible for the marketing budget.
- This position is part of Curiox’s upper management and will report to VP Sales and Marketing.
- Qualified candidates will have experience leading a team of marketers, successfully launching and promoting products in the life science industry.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience, and skills to work in a start-up culture and will lead Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations.
- Elevate and increase Curiox brand awareness across commercial marketing initiatives.
- Amplify Curiox presence in the marketplace with world-class marketing programs to generate leads and build the sales pipeline.
- Conduct programs to understand the Voice of the Customer. Use this information will ensure that we continue to create a positive customer experience.
- Lead the creative vision-creating a compelling visual brand, architecture, and creative voice.
- Manage Marketing Communications, Marketing Operations, Product Management and Market Development to effectively target the right audience with the right content at the right time to impact commercial success.
- Improve an industry-leading website and customer journey, collaborating closely with the R&D, Business Development and Senior Management.
- Lead team to develop content, identify marketing channels, and manage marketing plan and marketing budget.
- Coordinate with Business Development to target new market segments and leverage KOLs and collaborators as they are developed.
- Strong and effective leadership experience with the passion to inspire, motivate, coach, and nurture a team. Attract, retain, and develop talent.
- Successful experience leading marketing teams with Life Science companies.
- BS or PhD in cell biology or a related field. Alternatively, a business or marketing degree with an MBA.
- Experience creating and implementing strategic marketing plans.
- Experience building successful marketing teams for growing companies.
- Experience producing web specific content, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, LinkedIn Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Experience building audiences either online or offline.
- B2B marketing experience with capital equipment or complex sales.
- Proven track record building a successful demand generation program.
- Strong professional presentation skills
- Team oriented contributor
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong listening skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment, including flexibility with schedule and function
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent cross-functional/collaborative skills to work across global sites and multiple departments.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs, projects, and priorities.
- Must be willing to travel approx. 20%.
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected] Please address your email “US40” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.