Field Application Manager – US
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking a Field Application Manager, preferably based in CA, MA, or the Mid-Atlantic. The ideal candidate will work remotely from home with travel up to 60%.
- You will manage the US FAS team as a player/coach and work closely with the US Sales team to deliver instrument sales success within any of the following areas: Flow cytometry, single cell applications, lab automation, sample preparation, immunological, protein or cellular assays. Key applications include: life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, cell therapy research and manufacturing. Your contacts and customer relationships in these areas will go a long way to ensure your success.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience, and skills to work in a startup culture, continuing Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations. This key position offers an attractive base salary together with a year-end bonus.
- Manage the US FAS team both technically and strategically, providing technical support to the team and our customers, as well as managing the activities of the FAS team to ensure we meet our company goals
- Establish FAS processes that ensure exceptional customer experience for Curiox customers and provides Curiox with the metrics they need to drive the business forward
- Manage and set appropriate product and performance expectations for Field Application Scientists
- Works as a player/coach, managing a small customer territory directly, while also managing the US FAS team
- Reports directly to VP Sales and Marketing
- Identify, recruit, hire and on-board Field Application Scientists
- Perform application demonstrations onsite and offsite
- Submits demonstration reports and analyzes demonstration data
- Lead and participate actively in weekly sales and application meetings
- Communicate all relevant customer information including product and/or customer experience or opportunities to Field Sales, Marketing, and Technical Support. Including keeping CRM up to date with customer information and interactions
- Communicate closely with internal teams on customer project status and other updates for key clients
- Follow current assay trends to identify gaps and needs for new products that would suit the Laminar Wash technology
- Identify, promote and present product value and benefits within a variety of new applications and settings
- Drive strategical goals of the FAS team.Create tactical plans to ensure FAS team hits these goals.
- Assist with writing, editing and reviewing user facing documentation, including: User Manuals, White Papers, Knowledge Articles, Field Bulletins
- BS/MS/PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or closely related field with extensive lab experience across multiple life science platforms
- 5-6 Years of FAS experience
- Experience in a management and/or leadership role is required, preferably a minimum of 1-2 years
- Capable of working independently and working remotely
- Able to balance long-term company goals with short-term deliverables
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Able to follow complex operating procedures
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with teaching, training, or mentoring others
- Experience in performing immunoassays or cell biology assays (using and developing Flow Cytometry assays or Single Cell Genomics as a strong plus)
Travel: 60% or more may be required
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to email@example.com. Please address your email “US41” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.