Field Application Scientist for Germany
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking a Field Application Scientist to be based in Germany and travel mostly within Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The candidate works remotely and may travel to other parts of the EU occasionally. You will work closely with the sales team to deliver instrument sales success within any of the following areas: Flow cytometry, single cell applications, lab automation, sample preparation, immunological, protein or cellular assays. Key applications include: life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, cell therapy research and manufacturing. Your contacts and customer relationships in these areas will go a long way to ensure your success.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience, and skills to work in a startup culture, continuing Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations. An attractive base salary is provided in this key position together with a year-end bonus.
- Responsible for support for Laminar Wash and DropArray products in Germany with some travel outside of Germany possible (mainly Europe).
- Reports directly to the Director of Applications.
- Perform application demonstrations onsite and offsite, including support in the territory
- Submits demonstration reports and analyzes demonstration data
- Participate actively in the development of new applications through weekly sales and application meetings
- Follow current assay trends to identify gaps and needs for new products that would suit the Laminar Wash technology
- Identify, promote and present product value and benefits within a variety of new applications and settings
- Drive to establish and increase a new customer base through multiple avenues such as local vendor exhibits, seminars, one on one client communications etc.
- Work independently, as well as a part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Minimum of 2+ years of application support or assay development in life sciences and drug discovery in an academic or commercial environment.
- Experience in supporting Pharma/Biotech sector and /or Academic market
- Experience in performing immunoassays or cell biology assays (using and developing Flow Cytometry assays or Single Cell Genomics as a strong plus)
- Minimum of a BSc in a Life science with preference of advanced degree and Immunology background.
- Travel: 50% or more may be required
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected]. Please address your email “US21” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit our website at www.curiox.com