New Product (NPI) Manufacturing Engineer
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
Curiox is seeking a New Product (NPI) Manufacturing Engineer, based in Singapore to oversee the production and manufacturing of new products. The New Product (NPI) Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for commercialization of newly designed products and features, taking them from conceptual design phase to volume productions. The daily tasks include review, evaluate, and modification of engineering designs to facilitate manufacturability at the supplier level and in-house production. Engineering change order creation is part of the role, providing design enhancements, Bill of materials structuring and strategies through kitting and modular structure to enable manufacturing, outsourcing and effective job order and fulfilment planning.
- Prepare plans for all NPI projects, coordinate with R&D, Engineering functions and all stakeholders to develop strategies for New Products or/and product improvements, ensure Reliable and High-Quality Product.
- Manage Module/Product on PLC/CIP Program
- Support project materials planning and ensure smooth transition from Engineering build to Pilot and Mass Production. Coordinate with Engineering and Production Planner/Buyer for Beta and Pilot Production materials purchase. Own Product BOM and recommend Mass Production ERP BOM structures for MP material planning.
- Participates in new product builds, i.e., assembly of prototype, Alpha, Beta, Pilot Production units.
- Prepare and write up of Work Instruction and Quality Plan for new products release.
- Develop product test plans and perform production test according manufacturing process instructions.
- Determines root cause analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; provides long term corrective action
- Analyse and recommend corrective action in case of any design failure.
- Set-up new process and production line, recommend and acquire machines, tools, automated and semi-automated jig and fixtures for mass production process.
- Analyse and recommend improvements to all production process and methods to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Develop and implement efficient material handling, flow strategies, and always maintain safe and effective manufacturing processes.
- Launches and follow through engineering change orders as required to support new/existing products.
- Owns BOM, Work Instructions, SOP, Product Quality Plan.
- Recommend outsourcing strategies and support qualification of new suppliers and Contract Manufacturer Management.
- Coordination of matured product transfer to designated Manufacturing Site, both Singapore and Oversea (Korea), provide training to counterpart and support setup.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge in Product structure, bill of materials, product safety requirements, material handling, and root cause analysis.
- One should have demonstrated the knowledge on the products, configurations, Options and Variants.
- Understanding of the engineering change order process, DFx (Design for Excellence) engineering principles, product development process, value engineering, engineering specification waiver process, producibility / manufacturability analysis.
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume with expected salary and inquiry by email to email@example.com. Please address your email “SG30” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.