Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist in Assay Development – Singapore
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking an experienced researcher in life sciences / immunology to conduct exciting research in assay development using Laminar Wash™. This position is based in Singapore. The successful candidate must be independent, resourceful and self-motivated. In addition, we are seeking a candidate with a collaborative mind to communicate with existing and potential collaborators, as well as internal departments including R&D, sales and applications.
- Lead, plan and execute experiments to develop assays for mass and flow cytometry as well as single cell genomics using Laminar Wash™ and future instrument development
- Identify, develop and optimize cellular assays which can benefit from using Laminar Wash™
- Carry out collaborative research projects with Laminar Wash™ technology
- Bring new ideas to the Curiox team for new applications, product line extensions and new products
- Oversee and participate actively in the development of new applications from the field
- Follow current assay trends to identify gaps and needs for new products that would suit the Laminar Wash™ technology
- Mentor junior research associates / scientists, if applicable.
- If interested, there are possible opportunities for short- to mid-term or full-time deployment to Curiox Research Center in Seoul, South Korea
- Proven excellence in the delivery of technical presentations, scientific discussions and seminars/webinars\
- Scientific knowledge of the immunoassay and cell biology
- Hands-on experience with high parameter flow cytometry required while experience with single cell genomics is desirable
- Scientific knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and assay development and communicating this information internally among R&D, sales and marketing teams
- Highly motivated, proactive, and action-oriented with a strong sense of urgency to deliver successful research findings
- Ability to identify and promote product value and benefits within a variety of new applications and settings
- Comfortable with technical/application discussions, with ability to identify and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a part of a dynamic and diverse team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, including flexibility with schedule and function
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Minimum of 3+ years of life science research experience, preferably related to immunology / immune oncology
- Minimum MSc in life sciences. PhD in the field of biology and/or life sciences desirable
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to email@example.com. Please address your email “SG32” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.