Senior Director/VP of Technology, Seoul, South Korea
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking an experienced and proven technology executive to manage an R&D team and grow product portfolio leveraging its Laminar Wash platform.
- The holder of this position will be a member of the Curiox senior management team responsible for company strategy and performance.
- Define development processes and ensure efficient product development optimize resource utilization that meet customer requirements and regulatory requirements
- Contribute as senior management to guiding strategic decision and resource allocation
- Lead cross-functional technology teams to design and develop reliable, maintainable, and testable biomedical device applications
- Represent Curiox in conferences and outreach to leading scientists, corporate entities, and partners
- Work with Marketing to produce a continuous stream of relevant and helpful information to scientists using biology applications
- Provide key expertise, supervise the day-to-day development work, and set performance goals for employees
- Conduct technical reviews of products and solutions to compare and evaluate applicability
- Work with product management and architecture team to ensure design goals are met
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve product-related quality issues
- Master Degree and above in Engineering or Science
- Possess >10 years’ experience in Engineering, Product Design and Development with at least 5 years in management role for life science tools and medical device industry
- Possess experience and knowledge in developing products for cell, protein, or gene analysis
- Track outreach and collaborations, networking, etc. in an organized manner and communicate to commercial team
- Possesses the self-motivation, flexibility, and entrepreneurial skills to succeed in a startup culture
- Working knowledge of system design approach to product development
- Hands-on experience in various discipline; mechanical, electrical, FW, mechatronic and system integration
- Good experience in product development life cycle management
- Good experience in regulatory requirements for medical products is a plus
- Experience in managing manufacturing and supply chain operations is a plus
- Strong technical and management leadership.
- Excellence in written, presentation and oral communication modes
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected] Please address your email “KR25” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.