Product Manager/ Sr. Product Manager – US
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is seeking an experienced Product Manager/ Sr. Product Manager, preferably based in the Boston area, but remote could be an option.
- This individual will be an integral member of the marketing team, reporting to the Head of Marketing.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience, and skills to work in a start-up culture and will lead Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations.
- Drive new product introduction to successfully deliver value to markets and customers
- Drive design, commercial excellence and launch of Curiox’s flagship, next generation products
- Partner closely with Sales, R&D, Applications, and other cross-functional departments to drive successful development and commercial launches into the market by utilizing Launch Excellence (LEX) principles
- Ensure that value propositions are maintained throughout the development process by gathering customer feedback
- Work with Engineering and downstream marketing to develop initial product demonstration models and talk tracks
- Providing technical and product-related support to our global sales team
- Contributing to the LW product portfolio strategy, e.g., product definition, positioning, pricing guidance and system configuration
- Continuously refine and manage the Target Product Profile (TPP) and represent the customer during product development
- Participate in product integration meetings to ensure cross-functional team members understand and are designing towards the TPP requirements
- Provide Voice of Customer (VOC) and market assessments in support of key design decisions
- Review customer and design input requirements and ensure sufficient alignment with the TPP
- Develop and maintain market models to inform the development team on product cost targets and projected volumes
- Lead analysis of target disease states and market analysis to drive competitive and successful business offerings
- Provide high-caliber market assessments and insights that will help with key strategic decisions for Senior Management
- Where necessary, develop market models to support key business decisions or other initiatives.
- Ensure robust research and market analyses are focused on applications that are relevant to LW technology
- Ensure that developments in the competitive landscape are adequately captured and reflected in opportunity analysis
- Responsible for executing competitive product marketing strategy
- Leverage existing knowledge of competitive landscape to help shape, “go to market”, strategy
- Collaborate with Clinical Marketing Operations to identify and recommend clinical performance targets for potential products and services
- Lead customer engagement strategy and consolidate data to drive customer-centric decisions
- Develop, test, and prioritize customer perspectives on product value propositions and product concepts
- Conduct customer engagements (e.g., conferences, webinars, and onsite labs) to gather product feedback for development, Design Validation, and Customer Evaluation
- Document and report on relevant customer feedback
- Support product portfolio planning to ensure a pipeline of innovative and differentiating offerings
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop and enforce a cohesive and effective product portfolio planning structure as a foundation for both Clinical & Research and Engineering & R&D
- Funnel market insights into portfolio process, including: products, services, data, and other solutions. Drive those strategies through the organization to deliver long-term commercial success for LW product portfolio (Mini, HT2000 and AUTO1000)
- Work closely with all key functions including: R&D, Applications and Sales, to develop comprehensive target product profiles and evidence generation strategies to maximize impact to the marketplace.
- Actively evaluate post-market surveillance data to ensure continuous improvement and satisfaction
- Work closely with Sales, Applications, and downstream marketing team to understand market trends and user experience with product and service solutions
- Assess market trends and data to identify whether customer requests trigger needs to investigate new protocols
- This list is not all inclusive and tasks will be assigned based on business need.
- MS/MBA in marketing, biomedical sciences or related field, MBA/PhD preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare marketing, biotech, or sales
- Basic understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical, pharma industry, and other compliance-related issues is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment
- Proven ability to understand and define customer needs and feedback
- Articulate the customers needs to the engineering and marketing teams
- A track record of successfully launching complex devices is preferred.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate and simplify issues of considerable scope and complexity into manageable tasks with measurable requirements.
- An approachable individual who brings a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected] Please address your email “US42” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.