Technical Support Engineer/ Assoc. Engineer
Curiox Biosystems is an exciting and innovative Life Science technology company growing rapidly. Curiox manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry, Single Cell Genomics, and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process. Furthermore, the products improve the overall data quality such as cell retention, consistency, and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Curiox is looking for a Technical support engineer/ Assoc engineer with an engineering background, preferably with prior experience in field servicing, maintaining or manufacturing of electro-mechanical machinery or instruments. This position will be responsible for technical support of the Curiox line of instruments and proprietary consumable products.
- The new hire will be responsible in providing equipment’s troubleshooting, repairs, installations, calibrations, commissioning & after sales maintenance services and support to customer both remotely and on-site.
- The position will be based in Singapore. Depending on the pandemic situation, he or she will be expected to travel from time to time to visit and support customer site.
- Take care of all technical requests from our field application team and customers – by telephone, e-mail, WhatsApp and MS Team chat, video call and face-to-face meetings.
- Manning/maintain the training and support setup/station in Singapore.
- Plan, organize and supply/recommend spare parts stock up on regional support center.
- Organize and plan site tool kits with planner and purchaser and ensure regional FSEs are equipped with proper tools and spare parts.
- Work independently or together with your colleagues on answering all technical queries for our products.
- Work together with engineering team to maintain and update technical manuals, training materials and all related technical and field support documents and media, including training video, user guides and training PowerPoints.
- Provide training to regional field support team to transfer latest engineering updates and improvement.
- Train newly on-boarding technical support personnel and application personnel.
- Provide training to distributors remotely with video conferencing or face to face.
- Support our regional sales and application team on products demo and customer training.
- Conduct failure analysis on returned products, write up reports and propose countermeasures and improvements.
- Support engineering, quality and reliability team to conduct test and evaluation on new improvement features before implementing to production and field.
- Coordinate field equipment upgrades and updates.
- Work with engineering and production team in analyzing and troubleshooting instrument issues.
- Document and observe customer and market requirements to further develop our products.
- Support product outgoing testing and service repair and rework of inventories.
- Diploma or better qualification in electrical, mechanical or other relevant engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience in electro-mechanical system or instrument maintenance, support, manufacturing.
- Strong inclination for innovative ideas or methods to solve technical problems.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to adapt to flexible work schedule such as swing shift or night shift rotations.
- Strong communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Maintain and organize proper paperwork and follow good practice.
Please come join us and make a difference. Send your resume or inquiry by email to [email protected]. Please address your email “SG24” in the subject. No agencies please. Due to the high volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit our website at www.curiox.com