Curiox BioSystems is a Life Science technology company that manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current, labor-intensive cell analysis process and thereby improving standardization and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics, vaccine research, and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
Curiox is seeking an experienced business professional to lead our Business Development efforts in B2B and KOL Collaborations throughout biotech, pharmaceutical, academic organizations. The broad application possibilities of Laminar Wash will require this position to conduct market research to identify the most relevant applications and customer segments that will lead to the highest sales growth and adoption. This will then require a plan to identify business partners and key opinion leaders to develop relationships with and secure partnerships and collaborations to advance our applications and exposure. Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience, and skills to work in a startup culture and will lead Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations.
“There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.”
Namyong Kim, PhD. Curiox CEO
- Identify important and attractive markets and segments for Curiox’s Laminar Wash and relevant products
- Develop, execute and lead strategies to penetrate markets through key partners and/or opinion leaders
- Develop and maintain business relationships with partners in a variety of markets including cell therapy, immuno-oncology, diagnostics, and other commercial end markets
- Maintaining a high-level of technical and market expertise and educate the market on proper utilization and acceptance of Laminar Wash products
- Deliver technical presentations, scientific discussions to potential partners and customers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology community, with a focus on cell therapy companies
- Acquire market intelligence and feedback, and provide the information to Curiox’s management and internal team
- Actively gather content from key partners and customers in focus areas for the marketing team for applications notes, web content and new applications
- Assist the senior management and Board of directors in building strategic options for the company
- Develop strategies and deal structures for in-licensing, out-licensing and OEM supply of products ranging from instruments to consumables to software
- Collaborate with partners in other functions including legal, product management, R&D, manufacturing, finance and accounting
- Experiences in sales or contract negotiation, alliance management and/or cross-functional team leadership experience required
- Prior experience in developing new markets required
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Familiarity with intellectual property and business practices
- Prior experience in cell therapy and immune-oncology markets highly preferred
- Hands-on experience in flow cytometry instrumentation preferred
- Solid professional relationships within biotechnology and pharmaceuticals community
- Energetic self-starter who is entrepreneurial and resourceful
- A proven ability of effective written and verbal communication in English
- Strong listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, including flexibility with schedule and function
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Minimum 2 years of sales or marketing experiences strongly preferred
- Minimum BS or MS in life science. A Ph.D. in life science preferred
Please send your resumes or inquiries by email to email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.