Curiox Biosystems is an innovative bioinstrumentation company based in South Korea, Singapore and Boston USA with a range of patent-granted and pending technologies. The company is dedicated to accelerating the progress of life science research, drug discovery and diagnostics through miniaturization and simplification of biological assays. The company offers a series of products based on our DropArray™ technology, a droplet-based plate platform enabling a range of biological assays.
Curiox has recently developed a system of Laminar Wash™ washer and plate for processing cells for analysis by flow cytometers. Existing methods use centrifugation to wash cells during the staining process. Centrifugation is a variable, time consuming and inefficient process which could leave to cell damaging effects. Laminar Wash uses a gentle laminar flow instead of centrifugation in washing cells. We anticipate that Laminar Wash washer and plate will have a fast and widespread adoption by many flow users thanks to examples of benefits below:
- Washing completed within 2 minutes
- Retention of up to 95% cells
- Increased viability of cells without stress from centrifuge
- Consistent and reproducible data independent of an operator
- Easy and clear gating and segregation of cell populations
We are currently seeking a candidate for Field Application Scientist to be based in Seoul and travel mostly within Korea and Japan. The candidate works remotely and travels ~25 % of time.
- Support distributors on installation of products
- Educate customers and distributors on the capabilities of the Curiox’s products in relation to their specific applications and provide proactive assistance to receive maximum benefit from the products
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the capabilities of the Curiox technology and have the ability to discuss related applications
- Acquire market intelligence and feedback, and provide the information to Curiox’s internal teams; update the CRM customer database in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of competitive technologies in the marketplace and understand how they are positioned to keep Curiox at the forefront
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with customers
- Participate in on-site customer shows and national trade shows to promote the Curiox technology
- Actively gather content for the marketing team for applications notes, web content and new applications
- Bring new ideas into the Curiox team for new applications, product line extensions and new products
- Maintain the highest level of integrity with the internal and external interactions
- May spend 8-12 hours a week to manage products delivered from Sub-contract Manufacturer
- Ensure Products delivered from Sub-contract Manufacturer meet quality standard per Product Specifications and documents being signed of per SOP
- Carrying out testing activities adhering to procedures
- Proper upkeeping of quality checks documents
- Proven excellence in the delivery of technical presentations, scientific discussions, seminars/webinars and product demonstrations
- Strong experience working in a laboratory environment
- Strong flow cytometry experience preferred but not required
- Experience in laboratory instrumentation and automation desirable
- Sales experience desirable though not required
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively
- Able to anticipate and diffuse critical/potentially volatile customer situations
- Team oriented contributor
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, including flexibility with schedule and function
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Ability to travel in the territory
- MS in the field of biology and/or life sciences, a minor in engineering will be a plus.
- 1-5 years working experience in a laboratory environment
Please send your resumes or inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.