Curiox BioSystems is a Life Science technology company that manufactures and sells instruments, automation products, and disposables for cell and protein analysis. The major application of Curiox Laminar Wash™ systems is centrifuge-free sample preparation of cells for Flow Cytometry and other emerging cell analysis applications. The Laminar Wash instruments of MINI, HT, and AUTO address unmet needs by enabling affordable, off-the-shelf automation of the current labor-intensive cell analysis process and thereby standardization and reproducibility. Curiox products are used by customers performing life science research, immunology, immunotherapy, drug discovery diagnostics and cell therapy research and manufacturing.
Curiox is seeking a Field Service Engineer, preferably based in the Boston area to perform Installations, Preventive Maintenance and Corrective maintenance service on our laminar wash systems. A primary focus will be the support of our AUTO1000 system, built on the Hamilton Nimbus Platform. Custom scripting using Hamilton’s VENUS software will be a critical component of this role. Candidates are encouraged to apply who have the motivation, experience and skills to work in a startup culture and will lead Curiox’s rapid expansion to levels that exceed expectations.
There’s this thought among scientists that the only way to prepare suspension cells for analysis is to use centrifugation. Curiox has invented a better way to prepare samples. One that’s good for cells is also good for scientists. We believe sample preparation can be affordable, have a good workflow, be less labor-intensive and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created Laminar Wash technology to help scientists prepare samples in a way that treats their cells gently so as not to introduce further variables into important experiments. If you’re ready to help scientists get better results and break them out of their entrenched ways of sample preparation, Curiox is the right place for you.
- Perform Installations, Preventive Maintenance and Corrective maintenance service on our Laminar Wash systems
- Provide custom scripting of AUTO1000 using Hamilton’s VENUS software
- Provide excellent customer support by providing customers with training and technical support for installed instruments
- Document and report all repairs, product failures, design change recommendations, and other field service paperwork in a timely fashion
- Manage repair parts inventory
- Coordinating with maintenance schedules at various customer sites
- Supporting online and calls regarding instrument/product support
- Recommend product improvements based on internal and field experiences
- Maintain company assets (tools, inventory, etc.) in good and working condition
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Engineering or relevant scientific field
- Experience working with Hamilton Robotic instruments and software a requirement
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with good knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment including flexibility with schedule and function
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with strong work ethic and initiative
- Expected travel up to 50%. Primarily the continental US with possible international travel.
Please send your resumes or inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a heading of “Field Service Engineer”.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.