How Does it Work?
The DropArray™ Microplate consists of a hydrophobic planar surface with 96– or 384– hydrophilic features arrayed in the standard SBS/ANSI format. Assays are prepared in 8 – 12 µl or 2 – 4 µl volumes depending on plate format and reside as a drop on a hydrophilic spot on the plate surface.
After the initial assay is assembled on the DropArray Microplate, Liquid Lid Sealing Fluid is added. This immiscible fluid prevents evaporation and cross-contamination between drops — there is no reagent transfer between the assay and fluid. In addition, Liquid Lid fluid also allows gas exchange, enabling long-term incubation of cells on the DropArray Microplate for assays such as stem cell differentiation. Plate washing is performed using the HT200 or LT210 Washing Stations.
DropArray Fits Your Lab
DropArray Microplates can be used in the same way you would use a standard microplate — just with fewer cells and less reagent. They are:
- Validated for use with adherent, semi-adherent and suspension cells
- Designed to use as little as 250 – 500 cells in 2 – 4 µl assay drops (384 well plate) and 750 – 1500 cells in 8 – 12 µl assay drops (96 well plate)
- Compatible with standard liquid handlers and non-contact dispensers such as the ThermoScientific® MultiDrop® and LabCyte® Echo™
- Conforming to the SBS/ANSI standard footprint for automation compatibility
- Excellent for optical imaging due to their planar surface and no-liquid meniscus
- Well suited for long-term (>3 week) studies due to excellent gas exchange with low evaporation