Curiox Transforms Assay Development and Optimization with the DropArray™ series of Microplates
How Does it Work?
The DropArray series of microplates consist of a hydrophobic planar surface with 96- or 384- hydrophilic features arrayed in the standard SBS/ANSI format. Assays are prepared in 5–20 µl or 2–4 µl volumes depending on plate format, and reside as a drop on a hydrophilic spot on the plate surface.
Miniaturizing multiplex Luminex® assays on DA-Bead plates is simple. The assay is set up with the same cocktail of bead and sample, however, total volume is reduced by 5-fold. Overall the workflow remains unchanged. Plate washing is performed using the LT210 Washing Station and avoids unnecessary clumping, so that bead consumption is maximized.
After the initial assay is assembled on the DA-Cell plate, the evaporation lid is used to contain and protect the samples. The lid prevents evaporation and cross-contamination between drops. In addition, the evaporation lid allows for gas exchange, enabling long-term incubation of samples on DA-Cell plates. Plate washing is performed using the HT200 or LT210 Washing Stations.
DropArray Easily Integrates into Your Lab
DropArray Microplates can be used in the same way you would use a standard microplate — just with fewer cells, minimal beads, and less sample. They are:
- Validated for use with:
- Adherent, semi-adherent and suspension cells
- Magnetic and polystyrene beads
- Designed to use as little as:
- 250–500 cells in 2–4 µl assay drops (DA-Cell 384 plate)
- 750–1500 cells in 5–20 µl assay drops (DA-Cell 96 plate)
- 5 µl of beads with 5 µl of sample for immunoassays (DA-Bead 96 plate)
- Shown to have superior sensitivity (over conventional microtiter plates) when performing multiplex Luminex assays
- Compatible with standard liquid handlers and non-contact dispensers such as the ThermoScientific® MultiDrop® and LabCyte® Echo™
- Conforming to the SBS/ANSI standard footprint for automation compatibility
- Excellent for optical imaging due to their planar surface and no-liquid meniscus
- Well suited for long-term (>3 week) studies due to excellent gas exchange with minimal evaporation from the evaporation lid