- Better cell retention of live cells
- Higher stain index of VD2 marker (also CD4 and other markers)
- Higher enumeration of rare GDT cells
Laminar Wash™ MINI System
An affordable, benchtop instrument for sample preparation for flow cytometry
The best way to prepare cells for flow cytometry is now available on your benchtop. This laminar flow-based washing system replaces complicated and variable centrifugation, pipetting and flicking/aspiration of tubes or plates. The MINI is designed to produce the most quantitative and reproducible results for every flow cytometry user.
The Laminar Wash MINI provides:
- Rapid Time to Results – The system processes 16 samples in 6 minutes
- Automation – Reduces manual pipetting errors and errors associated with multiple personnel changes
- Standardized Results – Across users and locations
- Cleaner Data – Improved cell segregation and resolution; Reduces debris and aggregation of cells
- Increased Cell Retention – For splenocytes and TILS or with rare populations of cells
Laminar Flow Technology
Unlike centriguation-based systems, the MINI provides consistency across users. Centrifugation at artificially high gravitational forces can stress cells, leading to unreliable data. Laminar wash can achieve an even higher level of dilution of unbound antibodies during washes by increasing the number of laminar wash cycles with a much gentler treatment of cells. Centrifuges elicit changes in the cell population, and the fewer variables or manipulations your cells experiences, the higher the quality of your flow cytometry data.
Curiox’s centrifuge-less cell preparation platform is enabled by our wall-less plate and laminar flow washer. The Laminar Wash™ (LW) 96-well plate consists of an array of hydrophilic spots surrounded by hydrophobic surface, which functions as a virtual wall that separates each spot. It is compatible with all automation through API, and Curiox is open to working with existing automation.
Each spot can process from a single cell to as many as 10 million cells with without the mechanical stress and cell losses associated with centrifugation.